Discover landfills, transfer stations, handlers, and service locations that accept Used Oil.
Improperly dumped oil or grease can leach into soil and contaminate the groundwater supply for years. Because of this, the proper storage, transfer, and disposal of oil is regulated by both the US Environmental Protection Agency, and state-specific environmental agencies.
With the typical use of oil, contaminates such as dirt, metal scrapings, water, or chemicals can cause impurities in the oil that eventually lead to degradation so it no longer performs well. Eventually, that oil must be disposed of or recycled in order to be replaced with virgin or re-refined oil.
Examples of used oil include:
- Used synthetic oil — usually derived from coal, shale, or polymer-based starting material.
- Used engine oil — typically includes gasoline and diesel engine crankcase oils and piston-engine oils for automobiles, trucks, boats, airplanes, locomotives, and heavy equipment.
- Used transmission fluid.
- Used refrigeration oil.
- Used compressor oils.
- Used metalworking fluids and oils.
- Used laminating oils.
- Used industrial hydraulic fluid.
- Used copper and aluminum wire drawing solution.
- Used electrical insulating oil.
- Used industrial process oils.
- Oils used as buoyants.
Oils that do not meet EPA's definition of used oil can still pose a threat to the environment when disposed of and could be subject to the RCRA regulations for hazardous waste management. It is important to work with a waste vendor that specifically lists oils or used oils as one of their accepted wastes.
Used Oil Disposal Locations
Aaron Oil Company
713 Bill Myles Dr
Saraland, AL 36571
AARON OIL COMPANY LLC
265 Water St
Mobile, AL 36603
ABB VETCO GRAYUinta County
6730 W Port Arthur Rd
Beaumont, TX 77705
Matawan, NJ 07747
AEVITAS SPECIALTY SERVICES CORPWayne County
Akron Canton Waste Oil Company
2090 May Rd
Mogadore, OH 44260
ALPHA WASTE OILBucks County
1646 Summer St
Hammond, IN 46320
ANTIFREEZE RECOVERY SERVICESPorter County
Interested in the full list of waste handlers? Try our
Waste Handler Search.