We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing technology team. Reporting to the CTO, you will be joining a group of high-achieving technologists working to scale, develop new features, and customize the Wastbits platform to meet the needs of some of the largest waste management companies in the United States.
- Work on an array of projects to mature the Wastebits platform that includes software maintenance, internal tooling, new feature development, and scaling the product to meet the needs of some of the waste management industry’s largest companies.
- Participate in all aspects of the software life cycle, including business analysis, design, development, testing, documentation, and release.
- Participate in development guided by industry best-practices and test-driven methodologies.
- Assist in reviewing the scope, complexity, and effort to deliver project tasks.
- Develop explicit and thorough documentation of all source code and resources, as needed
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex bugs and production issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience working as a Software Engineer.
- 3+ years of experience working in a software engineering role.
- Familiar with advanced features of at least one high level language with the ability to be productive in other languages. Ruby experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL is required.
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Delivery is a plus, but not required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Interest in DevOps activities is a plus, but not required.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Fun, casual work environment
Apply via LinkedIn
People First • Do What's Right • Work as a Team • Expect Excellence • Craft a Better World